Friday, August 24, 2007

The Dream

Have you ever had a dream over and over again? Did you ever wonder if it was prophetic ... wonder if you were looking into your future?

I've had the same dream at least four times over the past year. So many times that I can see it clearly, even now. It is so vivid that I've even confided my dream to a friend after I had it for the second time. I reminded her of the dream recently.

In the dream, I'm standing on a hill. A man is kneeling at my feet, looking up at me with adoring eyes. He takes my hand and asks me to marry him. There is so much love and hope in his face that it hurts my heart.

I look down at him with dead eyes. There is no smile, just a deep soul-searing sadness and look of anguish on my face. Tears fill my eyes.

The dream then jumps to the end. I'm standing on the same a hilltop ... alone. Wind is blowing my hair. In front of me is a dark and stormy sky. Yet, sunlight warms my back. As I reach up to pull the hair out of my eyes, there is a glint of a wedding ring. My head turns and my face is full of sadness and longing ... longing for the man that I love with all my heart. I turn and look back into the sunshine.

Then I wake up with tears in my eyes.

I told my friend about this dream once. I thought it was about how my life would be without my beloved in it. She had a different view. She believes the sunshine (and love) is in my future ... that when I turned toward the sunshine, it was to a better life ... only time will tell.

No comments: