Friday, August 31, 2007

Memories by Nobody

I move around the room until a glance stops me in my tracks.
My breath catches and warmth slowly begins to infuse my chest.
My eyes soften while my heart begins to beat faster ... remembering.
Reaching out, my hand caresses the contour of your beloved face,
as my eyes begin to sparkle and a smile blossoms on my lips.


Memories, too many to count, race across the movie of my mind ...
memories of bursts of laughter, gentle kisses and warm cuddles.
In the my mind's movie, you once again dance in the aisle of the store,
laugh as you wrestle with the dog, and bend down as I kiss your ear,
whispering words of love as your big body shivers under my hands.


A deep sigh escapes ... containing both my happiness and longing.
My heart aches to make more of those wonderful memories with you,
to fill my mind with more of those times of joy and intimate moments.
Which is why I stop, to remember and cherish those memories ...
of humor, conversation, and the joy you once brought into my life.

No comments: