Sunday, October 7, 2007

Don't get me wrong.

I just re-read my last post. It makes me sound like I'm cutting myself off from everyone. Nothing can be further from the truth. I do have friends that I have contact with ... today being one of those days filled with them.

I spent the day with an elderly woman who doesn't drive. She used to volunteer at my last job. I acted as her chauffeur today and took her around to different stores. I do this on a regular basis (we went last weekend also). She's a sweet lady. I enjoy spending time with her. She treated me to lunch. She also gave me some vegetables out of her garden when I dropped her off and carried her groceries inside.

When I got home, another friend stopped by to see how I was doing. He is a former neighbor. He calls or drops by from time to time to see how I'm doing and if I need anything. I have helped him out a time or two before, so he keeps in touch.

Then tonight I got two calls from my friend "J". He is romancing a lady and calls for advice, lol. I know, you are probably thinking ... how ironic that someone who doesn't know how to keep love is giving advice.

He has a date with "B" today. I gave "J" a link to a site in St. Louis that shows what events are happening this weekend and a suggestion on what I thought she might like to do from the list. That's where they are going today. I also talked to him to "calm him down". He really likes "B" and doesn't want to mess up.

I received an email from him a bit ago. "J" said he was confused and had no idea what to do until he talked to me. He said he talked to "B" and she wanted to go to the festival that I recommended (I also gave him several other ideas). He also said that I'm "a good woman" ... which sent me off on my tangent.

I have friends ... friends who care about me ... I just don't have love in my life ... someone to love and care for ... which is why I'm sitting here feeling sorry for myself.

No comments: