Saturday, September 15, 2007

Got Blank?

Do you ever have those times when your mind go completely blank and you can't think of a single thing worth posting on your blog?

My mind seems to be suffering from this "blank" syndrome for the past week or so. I wonder how much of it is missing my former boyfriend ... again. Perhaps it is time for a new dream. Just when my hopes had risen to the point where I was happy again, he once again has gone missing. Between missing him and the ongoing problems with my health and the medication I'm taking, I've been depressed and my mind is in turmoil trying to decide where I go from here. It is also why I haven't thought of a single "fresh" thing to post.

So, I've done what I usually do when that happens, I went to my "Musings" folder. Instead of finding inspiration for something new, I found this one, "Ode to a Blank Page, dated 2002. I'm sure you see why it seems appropriate to me right now, lol.

Ah, a blank page, so fresh and new.
Just waiting for me to pour my heart into.
What shall I write about ... the moon and stars,
or shall I just write of little men from mars?

A blank page so full of promise, so clean.
What inner thoughts will I hope to glean?
Will it hold all of my hopes and dreams,
or shall I fill it full of light and sunbeams?

Shall I pour out my anguished soul,
and hope that it will make me whole?
Will writing hold my loneliness at bay,
or will I be lonely again on another day?

Shall I wax poetic of the beauty of nature
and is the sunrise or sunset the best feature?
Will I write about the laughing seagull’s cry
or of the whistling ducks flying by?

Ah, page, once so bright and pristine,
I have filled you up; you’re no longer clean.
And what did I find to write about,
not a thing, without a doubt.

No comments: