Saturday, September 22, 2007

Letting Go.

After calling me a couple of times in the past 9 months, my former boyfriend has once again gone missing from my life. I've spent the past two days crying my eyes out and thinking back on the past 4 years.

How do you let go of a dream that has been in your heart for years? Was the dream even real? There are so many things that make me wonder if he was more a figment of my imagination than the man I thought he was ... did I fall in love with a mirage ... did the man that I loved even exist? Still, how do you give up on your best friend?

I've been asking these questions to myself the past two days ... and not finding the answer. I just know that I can't go on living like I have ... which isn't really living ... sitting and waiting for the phone to ring.

No comments: