Tuesday, September 4, 2007

My Lifeline

Ok, so I'm digging up some of my old stuff tonight. I have other stuff on my mind right now. I'll explain more tomorrow, if I'm able, lol.

I wrote this one in about 2001. Of course, back then, former boyfriend was my best friend, but my feelings were evolving. He was always my unlikely angel ... able to chase the darkness away from my soul with a few words.

Song briefly touched my lips
as I slipped into bed last night.
I lay down holding you next to my heart
and drifted off to slumber holding you close.
Your words chased the darkness away
and brought light back into my soul.
Your strong hand reached out, my lifeline,
and determinedly pulled me out of the abyss.
For God hears silent prayers,
He hears the anguish in our soul.
He sent me you, my unlikely angel.
For the sea is wet and laughter follows tears
and a rainbow is just God’s upside down smile.
Thank you for being my lifeline, my friend.

No comments: